I took the test when Jason was at work. I left it on the bathroom counter so he'd see it when he came home. After he came home he did go into the bathroom and a minute or two later I heard Jason call "Bethany, come here please." I was trying so hard not to giggle as I walked in there. He pointed to the test and said "Is this yours?" I laughed and said it was. The shock has worn off and we are totally excited!
Jason is really hoping for a girl. I'd like it to be a girl too. A boy would be wonderful but we have a boy, it's time for a girl. If it is a girl, Jason already has her name picked out - Leia. As in Princess Leia from Star Wars. Everyone I've talked to lately says it's a pretty name and how cool it would be to have a Luke and Leia. I guess I'm the only one who feels silly about it. There's nothing I can do to change Jason's mind though. Jason would be crushed if I vetoed it. So if it is a girl, thats what her name will be.
I don't know how far long I am. Not more than 8 weeks, if even that far. I went to the Dr. last week and they did an ultra sound and printed out two pictures. I don't know if they're supposed to be different pictures, they look the same to me. She wouldn't tell me how far long I am because I was in the radiology dept. and they send the information to the OB to be deciphered. I have an appointment on July 9th and I'll find out then. Woo Hoo!
I asked the Dr. how big the baby is and she said it's the size of a gummy bear.
Here's our little gummy bear!


3 comments:
I'm sooooo happy for you!!
What if it's another boy? Any name ideas?
We like the name Harrison. Harrison Van Horn. I like the sound of it. No ideas for the middle name. Jason had also suggested Jabba. ha ha ha. However, if it is a boy and we do for sure go with Harrison I don't really want to give him the nickname Harry or Sonny.
Post a Comment