Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Summer Reads

Well, I just started reading The Hobbit or To There And Back. My goal is to read the whole thing. I am not a fan of Lord Of The Rings ... honestly, it bores me to tears. I probably would cry if Jason made me watch them again. Jason loves the story but I just can't get into it. I'm reeeeeally hoping the Hobbit is better. We'll see. I'm barely 20 pages in.

Some books I would recommend are:

Who's House by Barbara Seuling
Easy Street by Rita Gray

Luke loves both. Yep, they're children's books but two of the best that I've checked out so far! I love the illustrations in both. I'm sad I have to return them. Who's house is about a little boy who dreams about 5 or 6 animals homes and how it wouldn't work for him to live there, his house is best for him. Easy street is a book about how a street is made. The wording, to me, follows the tune of Patty Cake. The very back has some really interesting info. about asphalt.

I have also memorized Goodnight Moon. I bought a book of 4 Babar (the elephant king) stories in one. I think Luke will like it when he's a little older. Each story is a little long for him. There's even one story I skipped because it's called "The Scary Day" and has a monster in it.

No comments: