Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Monte Cristo Sandwish

Jason made THE BEST monte cristo sandwich I've ever had. He is such a fantastic chef! He LOVES to cook and would do it more often if he had the time. I sure wouldn't stop him!

He used the same recipe that's used at Disneyland. He also made a mint julep almost like the one at Disneyland. We used sourdough bread, ham and turkey thinly sliced and swiss cheese. He dunked it in a batter and then put it in the frier for about 2 min. on each side. Surprisingly it wasn't very greasy and it didn't taste like oil. I would not recommend eating this very often though ... because of the long cooking time in the oil, it can't be that healthy! After it's cooked and cooled a bit powdered sugar is sprinkled on top. Yum. It tasted like something I'd eat at breakfast. Wish we could send it to all of you. We have plenty of left overs. I hope it's just as good reheated.

No comments: