I've been sick. We all got sicker after my last post about Luke being sick. On Saturday his eye's were draining green goo. We took him to an urgent care, they gave him a gel for us to put into his eyes to pre vent bacterial growth. On Sunday night his fever spiked, 104.5, at it's highest. An hour passed before it came down to 103.9. We took Luke and Harrison back to urgent care on Monday, because Harrison was now sick too, no goo though. The Dr. prescribed a handful of medicines for them. Luke had a cold, pinkeye and double ear infections. Harrison had a cold and one ear infection. The eye drops the Dr. prescribed for Luke have worked great. And so has the other medicine. The boys' coughs are going away and their fevers came down in a day! I looked at Luke yesterday after his nap and knew that my Luke was back to normal. His eyes were happy and he was happy again. Also last Sunday I got really congested. I thought it would go away after a few days but it didn't. Jason bought me some Sudafed to relieve the cold symptoms. I was SO excited to take ACTUAL medicine, after three years of not being able to because of being pregnant or nursing. I used it for about 3 days and nothing happened. The silly medicine didn't work. I'm a little bitter about that. Oh, and I'm still congested. Yay! Afrin has lessened the congestion temporarily. So, on Friday night, my eyes started itching and I had the green goo too! Great. The next morning I woke up, well, I got up but my right eye wouldn't open. Yep, stuck shut by the green goo. Pleasant, I know. Then through out the day my left eye got worse and it hurt like crazy. I felt really bad too because I didn't know how much Lukes eyes had hurt him. So, I went to the urgent care, they gave me the same drops Luke is taking. My eyes are feeling better today. Still a little swollen, red and a little itchy but no goo. Jason woke up this morning with painful eyes too. Aren't we one lucky family. :) I've been washing my hands like crazy and I've washed the blanket we all use on the couch. Now I need to go through the house with clorox wipes to disinfect everything! Oh man, cleaning their toys is going to be a chore. I should just throw 'em all in the bath tub.
Thankfully I've been blessed with energy to get things done even though I'm sick. Truthfully though, I wish I hadn't had so much energy and could have just layed in bed all day and slept! It'll probably take me two more weeks to get over this stinking cold because I just don't have the time to do that. The life of a mother, I guess.
So, thats why I didn't update the blog on Friday. Our Christmas was nice. I'll write about that later. I have a few funny stories.
2 comments:
Oh I am so sorry you guys have been so sick! What a bummer. I hate pink eye! It is such a pain to clean everything!!! I've dumped everything in the bath tub before, just add a little disinfectant to the water. It helps it all go faster. Now, if we could just get a super fast washer and dryer!
So sorry. We are fighting colds here in our home also. Get well soon.
Post a Comment