Friday, January 9, 2009
Christmas
We had a nice Christmas. It was just our little family here. In some ways I like having Christmas "alone" but I would have loved to have our family with us. Christmas morning was torture!! I love Christmas and I haven't grown out of waking up early. In the middle of the night on Christmas eve/Christmas I heard Harrison wake up. I eagerly thought "I hope it's morning!!". It was 2am. Nuts. He woke up at 6am to start his day. I thought, "Luke will probably wake up in an hour and then the fun can begin!!" Luke slept in until almost 9am. I was going crazy!! I had to go in and wake Jason around 8. I couldn't stand Harrison and I being alone any longer. Jason didn't want to get up. He came down stairs around 8:30 I think. We got breakfast started and it finally felt like Christmas was starting. WOOHOO! We have a tradition for breakfast on Christmas morning. Homemade cinnamon rolls (made by Jason, the best I've ever tasted), sausage, creamed eggs and orange juice. The creamed eggs are so yummy! It's basically a white sauce mixed into the eggs after the eggs are scrambled. I'll see if I can find the recipe to share. Luke woke up when breakfast was pretty much ready. We ate breakfast and then opened presents. Harrison didn't open any with us. He was ready for a nap before we finished breakfast. Luke had fun opening presents, of course! But after about 10 minutes he stopped and said "Movie". He was done and wanted to go watch a movie. We couldn't convince him to stay and open more presents. We turned on The Polar Express for him. He loves that movie. We opened most of the boys' presents and left 3 for each of them to open. They're not old enough to care. Christmas couldn't have been any better in my opinion.
Christmas morning. 6am. Harrison is loving the new toys he and Luke received. We didn't bother wrapping some of their gifts.
All tuckered out before the fun even begins. Acually, he was crawling along with the balls in his hands and he slipped and just layed his head down.
The pretty pink and purple sunrise on Christmas morning.
Luke enjoying his cinnamon role. Could you tell?
Luke got down from the table, took the rest of his cinnamon role and sat down in front of the fire place.
In the Christmas spirit, the boys are playing nicely together...that lasted about two minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It does sound like you have had a great christmas! We had one with just our little family and it was wonderful.
Post a Comment