Friday, December 19, 2008

Poor little boy

Luke is sick with some kind of virus. He started getting sick on Wednesday. I noticed he had a slightly runny nose but I thought it was just a regular cold. That night he was HOT when I put him to bed. He had a temperature. He's still got a temp. It's been mostly at 102 and even early, early yesterday morning it was 103.-something. I've given him baby motrin twice but I don't want to give him too much, I want the fever to be able to do what it needs to do. He didn't want to want to eat or drink much the last two days. He's been happy though. Well, he was a little cranky yesterday afternoon. He didn't wake up until 9am this morning (usually he's up around 6:45/7) and all he wanted to do was lay on the couch. He never lays on the couch. He always sits. So, that told me he was really sick. We watched "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer". He liked the snowman. This afternoon after his nap (he slept for 4 hours!), I put him in the bath with Harrison. Baths always make him happy. I could tell he was feeling better. And after that he actually asked for food and a drink! Hopefully it'll have run it's course by this weekend and he'll be better.

This morning, laying on the couch ... still holding onto his cars.

He got tired of laying down so he played in a box for a little while. Then, after about 10 minutes he came back to the couch. I said "do you want to sit?" He said "No." So I asked "Do you want to lay down?" "Yes". Nap time came soon after that.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Poor Luke. When I am sick I lay on the couch too. Hey, who am I kidding. I lay on the couch all the time! Dad

Sariah English said...

I am so sorry he is sick. It is no fun when your babies are sick. I do love how he holds on to his cars!

Gma. Devon said...

Poor sick baby! Hope that virus skips over the rest of you and goes on down the street. (I think you sprinkle lamb's blood on your doorpost for that! HAHA) I can't believe how well Luke is talking and how much he understands! Too bad Jason didn't have the day off--he could have snuggled on the couch with Luke at long last!

Megan said...

Poor little guy. Hope he is feeling better.