Monday, April 28, 2008

Yard Work

I mowed our lawn today!! I've never mowed our lawn before. Jason has always done it. We hadn't mowed our lawn in a while....a  long while....thankfully our lawn looked semi decent and not like a scary jungle. I was practically begging Jason to teach me how to use our lawn mower and he finally has free time so thats what we did this afternoon. It was a beautiful afternoon...cool, breezy and not much humidity. I really enjoyed mowing the lawn. I can't wait to do it again! 

We raked our lawn two days ago. Jason and I each raked half of the yard. Our neighbors trees are so kind and drop their unwanted leaves on our lawn. We couldn't find the gloves to use...I skinned both of my thumbs, in the same exact spot. It completely skipped the blister phase and just took the skin right off. The spots don't hurt too much and they're in a place that doesn't get irritated easily.

Luke LOVED being outside while we did yard work. When I say "We" I mean, one of us worked on the yard while the other followed Luke up and down the sidewalk while he pushed his little tractor. While we were bagging leaves he played with the little rake in the dirt. A little while later he decided to EAT the dirt. As I carried him inside to wash him off I could hear him making noises like "ack" "pleckhhh". I guess he wasn't too keen on the flavor of dirt.

6 comments:

Linz said...

Good for you, girl!

Gma. Devon said...

I have never mowed a lawn in my life, come to think of it! Good going! And anytime you want to mow ours, hey....! HAHAHAH

Gma. Devon said...

Maybe he just doesn't like Texas dirt. He should probably sample some in Nebraska, too. Maybe he'll prefer that! Wish I could have heard the funny noises he was making!

Ford Family said...

Alright! Not only did you mow it, but enjoyed it - that's awesome! I'm excited for when I have a lawn to mow. And I'm excited for when that cute lil Luke is in Nursery! :o)

Janelle. said...

I love how much you enjoyed mowing your lawn :)

Shanna said...

Way to go! I miss mowing lawns. I loved to do yard work growing up. However, our yard here (if you can call it that. It really is just a small patch of grass.) is too small to mow. We just have to use a weed trimmer to cut it. Funny huh?