Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Burp rags
I made burp rags last week for a friend who is having a baby soon. I had a lot of fun making them. I sewed the fabric together in a rectangle and then snipped the edges (Jason helped snip edges -- not very willingly :) ), almost to the seam, so that the edges would fray when I put them through the washer and dryer. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. I decided to use them for wrapping paper and wrapped them around a pack of diapers. I'm excited that I have more fabric for more burp cloths, I enjoy sewing. I may buy a pattern and make a breastfeeding cover (inspiration came from friends baby shower) so I don't have to look goofy trying to hold a blanket and nurse Harrison if I'm somewhere other than home.
The finished product! I put them next to the pack of diapers (a 40 pack) to show the size of the burp rags. The fray is a bit hard to see but it's easiest to see on the white ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Those are really darling! I love the idea you had about letting the edges fray in the wash. It's cuter and so much easier! You really made that package cute! I would have opened it FIRST!!!! I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment