Thursday, January 17, 2008

What a great feeling

This past Saturday we were invited to attend a baptism of a man who has been attending our ward for a little while. The missionaries called us the night before and asked if we wanted to come. The man speaks Spanish and Jason helped translate a Priesthood lesson so this guy could understand. We got to the baptism and I was so excited to be there. I hadn't attended one since my friend Bobby was baptized while we were in high school. It didn't occur to me that everything would be done in Spanish! What was amazing was that I couldn't understand most of what was said but I sure could feel the Spirit! It was so touching. Even Spanish hymnals were handed out, I was given an English hymnal (whew!). Jason sang in Spanish, I loved hearing him sing in a different language, it was so neat.

No comments: