Monday, January 21, 2008
Bizarre nap-time alarm
I'll put Luke down for a nap. He's yawning and rubbing his eyes so I'm pretty sure that he'll fall right to sleep. Then about 30 minutes later I hear him talking and whining. I don't go in because I want him to fall asleep but he won't stop making noise. So, I walk into his room and I can already smell the problem!! He's pooped! I don't know why his body does this....probably to drive me crazy, but very often when I lay him down for a nap he'll poop. So, then I have to get him out of bed, change him and give him a little more to drink so he'll go to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is so funny because Nathan has been doing that for the past month or so. I don't know what changed, but he will lay down and then about 30 minutes later he'll start getting fussy. I have to go in to check on him and he will say, "Uh oh, poo poo." So, I have to get him out of bed and change his diaper. I've tried keeping him up longer and putting him down for his naps later, but the same thing happens. I wonder if it's because they finally relax. I don't know, but it is funny to know that I am not the only one with this problem. :o)
You give me so much to look forward to someday!
oh yes, I am sooo familer with nap time pooping! They finally relax enough to actually do it. They do get over it! I am living proof! Have you had that baby yet?
We have the same problem! The after lunch poop! I usually try to listen and catch it early so I can run in there, change her quick and put her back down. If I catch it before she's had too long to play and sing and get really awake, she'll usually still go down for a nap. Otherwise, I'll get her up for an hour or so and then she's ready later on. good luck!
Post a Comment