Friday, June 5, 2009

Double Trouble

We went to the zoo two weeks ago and I found this statue hidden in the "Senses Garden" (or so it's called at our zoo). I think it's like a "zen garden"; very relaxing, lots of fountains and pretty flowers and plants.

This statue is exactly my boys, except maybe two or three years in the future.


The boys really like the Butteryfly house. I do too, except now that it's warm outside it's not a relief to be inside the very warm humid building.

This butterfly it about 8 inches wing tip to wing tip.

Sorry this picture is blurry but I was trying to take it quickly...Luke (the child like blob) is looking at a butterfly (the blue blob) flying right in front of him.

Another butterfly, it kept opening and closing it's wings but my camera is too slow and didn't get a open wing shot -- I would have kept trying but the boys were wandering away.

This butterfly is BRIGHT green and yellow, but it's not as beautiful in this picture as it was in real life.

We also saw the strangest fish in the aquarium! So human looking. The boys were very interested for 3 minutes.

1 comment:

Karen and Joe said...

Wow, what fun you are having! Bugs are always so entertaining!