Some women in my ward have a book club. I joined in two months ago and hosted in May. I got to choose the book. We read "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" -- VERY interesting! It's about, well, just what the title says, human cadavers. Cadavers are used for lots of things, I've learned, since reading this book. I recommend everyone read it. It's not morbid or scary, though at times it is a little disgusting. The author has a very respectful and witty way of telling her story, I say story, but it's non-fiction.
So, anyway, I hosted the book club and I wanted to have some refreshments, so here's what I came up with. What do you think?!?
The brain and bones idea came from the Family Fun magazine. The brain is made from a watermelon and the bones are made from pillsbury breadstick dough, I just twisted the ends into balls to make them look like bones. My mom suggested doing something with a "toe tag" and I found some cream filled pastries at the bakery and tied little tags on them with the guests names. I had so much fun making all of this. Everyone that came for book club really liked it.


1 comment:
Ha! Aaron has that book
Post a Comment