Friday, January 9, 2009

New Experience

Jason and I had a new experience last night. We found out what it was like to have a child throw up. I don't mean baby spit up. I mean Throw Up. Harrison got sick in the middle of the night. I was a little upset at how late I was going to bed (11:30-ish) but ended up being thankful that I was awake to hear Harrison cough and then puke. I went in and realized he'd puked, called Jason and then picked up Harrison. He rolled around in it so it was all over the side of his head. Eew. And the smell. Whoa. Jason moved Luke into our bed so we could turn on the light, then he took care of the sheets while I cleaned up Harrison (Talk about a MAN! I am so impressed he took care of all the yucky bedding). Harrison enjoyed his midnight bath. We put on new sheets, tried giving Harrison some sips of water, which he refused, I held him for a few minutes until I felt he was calm and then layed him down. He fell asleep. I fell asleep. Jason woke me 30 minutes later to tell me Harrison had puked again. Just as much as before. (Jason cleaned up the bedding again. Way to go Jason!!) Poor baby Harrison!! Another bath. Which he loved even though it was only 3 minutes long. He puked two more times after that, thankfully not nearly as much as earlier.

He was still sick today but hasn't thrown up. My computer is near his room. I occasionally hear him coughing and it scares me because I'm afraid he'll throw up again.

Be sure to tune in next week to read who's sick with what and how sick they are.

2 comments:

Sariah English said...

Oh I so understand what you have been through! I have been though it countless times. Hand it there, it usually passes quickly. Call me on Monday I will help out with the food storage stuff.

Megan said...

What an experience! Hope every is feeling better soon.