I've decided that I'm really going to try to not watch TV this week until the boys are in bed. They don't need to be watching it, even if it is fun colorful cartoons. I'll only do that if L
communicates to me that he wants to watch Duck Tails or play Marble Ball or Feeding Frenzy on the XBOX. Play is used loosely, he holds his xbox control, minus batteries, and "helps" me play." He says "Garble or Arble ball" or "Ish" (fish) to tell me which game he wants.
I'm going to find some activities that I can do with L and others with Baby H. We need to change things up, make it more fun around here.
So, since I posted things I was mad about yesterday, today I'm going to post things I'm happy about.
I am happy that:
- J and I can talk and say prayer almost every night now until he comes home
- J is learning the skills needed to survive if something bad happens to him while deployed
- L and Baby H have been as well behaved as they know how
- My parents have been willing to talk to me almost every night
- Alice lets me complain to her and vice versa
- I have friends here who care about me and invite me to do things
- L loves to swim
- The boys are napping.
- I cleaned up my bathroom while Baby H was crying, trying to fall asleep, and it only took me about 5 minutes!!
- L will try to say words I ask him to say
- L knows how to sign More, Please, Want and Sleep (he just needs a little help about when to use them)
- Baby H loves to smile, especially at L while L is eating.
- My boys love each other....I can just tell!
- We're moving. I'm sad to leave friends here but I am so happy to be moving somewhere where there will be SNOW!! I miss it terribly.... and well, San Antonio just isn't my first pick for our permanent home.
- I have A/C! Whew, we'd melt without it.
- "It's Latter-Day Night Live" turned out to be okay.
- We've been safe every day and night. It's still a little hard for me to go to sleep but it doesn't take as long as it did before.
- My home teacher came over a few nights ago and mowed my front and back lawn!
Well, there are lots more but I don't want to be on the computer for a long time. I think I'll take a nap.


3 comments:
Glad to hear emotions are a little better this day.
I'm glad you are feeling better. I love to walk around the mall, too! Way to go on the dress! Thanks for coming to visit our blog and leaving comments. Where are you moving to?
Hang in there Bethany! You are doing FANTASTIC!!! I totally commend you for your efforts! Rick has only been gone for a few days to Scout Camp, and yesterday started off great then by nap time we had an episode. (Sacrament was interesting too!) I say we, cause Lexi and I both did! You have my upmost respect for doing this as long as you have by yourself! Just remember that you are NEVER alone and it sounds like you have some great parents! Check out familyfun.com for some great activities/ideas to do with Luke. Also, sometimes Ammon's nap gets interrupted cause we go to story time or a free movie on Tuesdays, but he always makes up for it later. I know that he needs his nap, but also enjoys getting out as well as mommy and Lexi. Sometimes we have to just forgo the nap all together and we are all happier in the end! Hope this helps and glad to hear you are much better. If you ever need a break please call me and I can pick up Luke and take him to the park with Lexi. I'm NOT saying this out of pity! Believe me! Lexi needs the socialization more than anything and would absolutely LOVE TO PLAY WITH LUKE! She is a social bug and desperately needs to play with other kids!!! Thanks for your friendship and keep up the good work!!!
Post a Comment