He looked like a little glowing ball! He is my glow-in-the-dark baby! It was really cute. It didn't bother him at all, thankfully. I found it a bit annoying though! I took it off him when he needed to eat and when I wanted to hold him without the stupid cord getting in the way! I did leave it on about 90% of the time.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Billy Blanket
Ever heard of a Billy Blanket? I had but thought it was a little tanning bed type thing that a baby slept in. It used to be like that. Now, it's just a little flat fiberoptic "blanket". It's used to lessen the level of Bilirubin in his blood. Bilirubin is a pigment in the blood which causes babies to turn yellow. Luke "got" bilirubin because he wasn't eating enough when he was first born. The Dr. gave us the Billy Blanket. It slips into a cloth cover and then has to stay next to the babys skin constantly. Luke had it on him for 5 days. It wasn't very big, it was about 6x4 inches. It fit right under his onesies. I was told that it was best to switch it from back to front every few hours. The ultraviolet light changes the bilirubin into a form that can he can more easily get rid of (by peeing).
He looked like a little glowing ball! He is my glow-in-the-dark baby! It was really cute. It didn't bother him at all, thankfully. I found it a bit annoying though! I took it off him when he needed to eat and when I wanted to hold him without the stupid cord getting in the way! I did leave it on about 90% of the time.


He looked like a little glowing ball! He is my glow-in-the-dark baby! It was really cute. It didn't bother him at all, thankfully. I found it a bit annoying though! I took it off him when he needed to eat and when I wanted to hold him without the stupid cord getting in the way! I did leave it on about 90% of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a cute little electric baby!!! He looks like those glow bug toys they used to have! Lisa thought the photos were really cute, but thought he still had to wear the blanket!
Can you PLEASE send Dad a biliblanket
for Kitty? Since it has been so cold, Dad has kept her in the garage at night. But he worries about her, so he bought a nightlight to put in the garage. I think it would be MUCH easier to just put a biliblanket on Kitty! Of course, the hose would limit how far she goes, but we could hook the machine up to all the extension cords in the garage. That way she can pretty much have the run of the neighborhood. It might frighten the neighbors, but we will just tell them the cat is undergoing chemotherapy!
Post a Comment