Monday, July 13, 2009

Sit N' Stand

I finally have a Sit N' Stand stroller! I am SOOOOO excited. I've been wanting one of these for a while. A few months back I wanted a double stroller but as time went on I realized that Luke wouldn't want to stay in it so I decided on one of these. The trouble was they are expensive.

Well, I happened to go into a kids consignment shop last week thinking "I'll see if they have one but they probably don't and I'll be sure to ask about how they "buy" things from customers." So I walked in and there it was sitting right by the front door! I was so excited. I asked them to hold it and they told me they buy things from customers for 50% of what they will sell it for in their store. So I went home, washed off our two strollers, vacuumed off the crumbs and grabbed our baby floor gym (which we bought for Harrison but he didn't like it), stroller connectors (never used) and a baby bjorn backpack. I figured with my items I'd get about 60-70 dollars. The stroller cost 75 so I'd only have to pay a few dollars out of pocket. They came out with a check for $125.00!! I was shocked. I got the stroller and went home with about 50 bucks!


Here is our new wonderful stroller. The boys love going on walks in it. I love that it fits in our trunk. I haven't told Luke he can stand in it. I want him to sit for as long as possible. I'm sure he'll figure out he can stand eventually. Harrison isn't upset he was just making some weird face as I took this picture quickly before we went on a walk.

8 comments:

Melanie Allen said...

Wow! What a deal! THat's awesome. I've been wanting to get one too but I opted for a bike trailer instead. Congrats on your awesome deal!

Karen and Joe said...

what an awesome story! Great find, great deal, and great stroller!! Awesome! I wanted one of those soo bad but they didn't make them for my situation, 2 sitting and one standing :)

Linz said...

Oooo, I really like it. I have yet to get a double stroller. I like the potential for not having backseat kid pull frontseat kid's hair. Is it awkward for the one facing backward to be looking at you, or do you feel like they can just look all around?

Bethany said...

The one sitting in the back can look all around. He's not stuck staring at me thank goodness! He'd get mighty bored if that were the case.

I also think this stroller could work occasionally (key word occasionally) for 3 little kids; one in front, 2nd sitting on the seat feet hanging into basket and 3rd kid standing. It would work as long as I didn't have anything in the basket anyway.

Also, our infant car seat (which I'm pretty sure is Graco) doesn't fit this stroller. I'll have to check the manufacturers website (baby trend) to see which ones are compatible.

Mika said...

Way to be on that deal! Looks like a great stroller!!

Megan said...

Bethany, I'm so impressed! I didn't realize you'd gotten such a great deal on it! I'm so glad you were able to find what you wanted and come out so on top of things! AWESOME!

Micaela said...

That is an awesome deal!! I would LOVE to get a free stroller and $50for things that I didn't need anymore! Oh, I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. I went to see your profile off of somebody else's blog.

Ford Family said...

That is exactly the stroller I've been telling scott that I need before my baby comes so that I can walk with both of them. I'm just not a fan of double strollers, but this one looked perfect! I'm so glad you love it!