Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Bed

We bought a new bed a month or two ago. It's a select comfort sleep number bed.

Here it is un-inflated. It's an air type mattress. The select feature is controlled by a switch that inflates or deflates the mattress to your liking.

Here Jason has just finished inflating the mattresses. Poor guy I really startled him; the flash of my camera went off right as he finished inflating the beds and he thought the flash was a spark from an electrical problem. I sure fooled him! Whoops!

The top of the mattress cover connects to the entire mattress with a zipper, now it looks like a normal bed.

Here's the pretty mattress and the goofy control.

The whole point of a sleep number bed is so I can see where my number is at for the firmness I like...however the digital read out is a few hundred dollars more. So, I just have to guess. The boys, unfortunately, have discovered the "beep-bop" as Luke calls the controller. He calls it a "beep-bop" because of the sound it makes when the button is pushed to inflate the bed (it's noisy because of the little motor that controls the air). Deflating doesn't make any noise. Now, it's always a surprise when I get in bed, will it be firm or soft??? I do like that I can change the firmness. Supposedly it will be great when I'm pregnant, at least that's what the pamphlets say. I do think this bed supports my body better than our old inner spring mattress.

1 comment:

Sariah English said...

I have often wondered if those beds were worth all the money. Do you really like it better?