Friday, August 3, 2007

Uhg!

Well, I've had a (insert any frustrated like adjective here) morning. It has been good and Luke has made me laugh and smile ... and scream and cry and want to throw a tantrum!

He woke up just after Jason left...at 6:50. I made him some milk and turned on the TV to watch Good Morning America. I left the lights off in hopes that Luke would drink his milk and fall back asleep. He didn't. He stayed awake and wasn't tired at all. He started acting a little tired around 8 o'clock so I read him a story, sang him a song and put him to bed. He cried and whined and cried and whined. I layed down as soon as he went down in hopes that I could get more rest. I am always tired! I tried to ignore him. He started getting more upset and then was "talking" to himself. It made me laugh. I went in to his room and he wiggled around excitedly in his crib as he saw me. That made me smile. He just just so cute!! I can't stand it, he's too cute and fun and lovable that I can't just give him away....which at some points I'd really like to. So, I got him up again and put him in his jumper. He enjoyed that. Then I took him out and he played on my lap. He and I played Keep Away with daddys remotes! I won. Sorry, Luke. Then I let him play on the floor. He was fine for a bit then started whining ... I hate his whine ... if only I knew exactly what he wanted, life would be so much simpler. I took him into the kitchen and made him some mango oatmeal. He enjoyed that!! He also ate little puffs and is getting really good at putting them in his mouth and chewing them without gagging or drowning his front in drool. I gave him a bottle of juice and he drank, maybe, half of an ounce. I let him play a little more and he started whining again. He hadn't been rubbing his eyes or yawning so I didn't think he was very tired yet but knew he'd need to go to bed soon! I made him some milk which he drank a little. Then I caught him rub his eye! Ah Ha!! Off to his room! It's now just after 10 AM. I changed his diaper wrapped him up, all the while he is crying hard, then I started to rock him and sing but he was crying so much, I just put him in his crib in hopes that he would cry himself to sleep. I was about to pull my hair out! I went into my room and said a pray. I feel calm and peaceful now. And I think Luke just fell asleep. It took him about 10-15 minutes. What a blessing! It's time to take a shower!!!

1 comment:

Ron said...

If I was there, Luke and Papa Ron would go out to the back yard and pick up some fleas, ticks and mites. Then we would get grass stains all over our pants and dirt all over our faces. Then we would go out to the street and ride our bikes. We would of course slip and fall and skin our knees and tear a big hole in our pants. We would come back into the house and expect a hug, a bandaid, milk and cookies. That's what I would do if I were there and you would be able to get a rest during the day. The next day we would go and find Mr. Turtle and Mister Pig for more good fun.
Love Dad