Today was a day that I don't want to repeat. It wasn't thaaaaat bad, I guess it could have been worse....but I haven't had many bad days lately. I think my bad days all ganged up and decided to have a party on one day!
Actually, it started yesterday. I couldn't find my keys. I needed to go to the verizon store and grocery store. After looking for a few minutes I realized that I left them in Jason's truck. He was at work...and wouldn't be home for a long time. So, I just went with it, took Luke out of his car seat and let him play. We had a good rest of the day.
This morning I put Luke down for his morning nap and decided I'd nap too. Luke woke up just as I was laying down so I gave him his pacifier and he seemed to drift back to sleep. I could still hear him, through the monitor, making noise. I ignored him and tried to get some sleep. After about 15 minutes I realized he'd fallen back to sleep. Hooray! However 30 minutes later, guess who woke up! I layed there for about 10 minutes trying to sleep hoping he would go back to sleep too. Luke won. I got out of bed.
~~~Just as a little side note...My parents and I have been trying to get two verizon phones transfered from their contract to me. I went to the verizon store last week and had some issues. The verizon people told me what to do and also what my mom needed to do so I could have the phones and contract for the two.~~~
This morning ... after Luke's incredibly short nap and trying to feed him (which he didn't want to eat much) I was getting Luke ready and he was in his car seat and I thought "Oh great...Lukes car seat base is in the truck! I went out to the car JUST to see if maybe it was there AND IT WAS!! Hooray! Jason was sweet and put it in before he left for work. He also brought my keys in this morning. So, I got Luke in the car and off we went. First stop, the verizon store. I went in and told them I needed to transfer the phones and the lady said. I'm sorry I can't do that here (which they didn't tell me the last time I went in inquiring about this!). I said, oh, it's okay. My Mom has a password so I can get the phones. The lady said again, we can't do that here, you have to call in to have the phones transfered. Good Grief! I came down here for nothing. I didn't say that but I was obviously mad and left. I got in the car turned the AC on full blast so Luke wouldn't cook and called my mom to complain. She suggested what to do, I was going to write it down on my grocery list and after looking through my diaper bag realized that I didn't have my list! Back home we went.
I got home. I put Luke on the floor to play and after about 5 minutes he starts screaming. It wasn't an upset scream, he's discovering his voice ... and testing my patience. His screams were loud and high pitched! I could distract him every few minutes with a toy or a book to chew on. Meanwhile, I called verizon and after about an hour had the phones transferred to me! Hallelujah. I tried feeding Luke, he didn't feel like eating. I tried giving him milk...he'd drink a little and then push the bottle away. I tried giving him some juice...same, as the milk. I put him down to play for a little longer and he continued to happily scream. I was getting SO ANNOYED! At one point I sat him on my lap and firmly told him "Stop Screaming!" and then layed him back down on the floor. He cried. It was cute and I felt bad, even though I was still really annoyed. I gave him one of his toys to play with, he was fine for a little bit. Then it was time for Luke to go to bed! YAY. That wasn't too bad. We've got a bed time routine. It's the same for naps and bed time at night. It's working great so far. So, the grocery store will have to wait.
I think I did the dishes while Luke took his nap. I also watched a Frasier episode that I recorded on TV. Other than that, I really didn't do much. I was feeling pretty bummed and depressed. I'm not sure why. I didn't really have any motivation to clean anything and I didn't have any books to read. So I just layed on the couch. Luke slept for 2 1/2 hours. It was nice to just relax even though I was feeling down. Luke woke up and we played and then he ate his whole bowl of oatmeal! Then Jason came home! YAY!!!! Luke LOVES when Daddy is around! They don't get to see each other much.
I told Jason that I still needed to go to the grocery store and thankfully he said he'd take care of Luke while I went. I decided to go to the H.E.B. (a local grocery chain) instead of the wal-mart which is just around the corner. I don't like wal-mart. If I can go anywhere else, I will. So, I did my shopping (I hate shopping in the early evening...everyone is there!) and got to the check out. I opened my diaper bag to get out my card and my wallet isn't there!!! Crap! The store rang up my items and said they'd hold them in the cooler for 2 hours. So, I drove all the way home...it took almost 10 minutes. Told Jason what happened and I drove all....the....way....back. The good thing is, I didn't have to wait as long the second time! ha ha ha.
Thats the end of my bad day story. The rest of this day has been fine. Jason had to get up at 4 this morning so he took a nap when I got home and I played with Luke and gave him a bath. He really loves baths now. It's so cute to watch him splash in the water and get so excited about it.
Sorry there aren't any pictures. I can't find my USB cable. There'll be pictures soon. Keep checking back! -- Bethany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
OH do I know days like that! Looks like you handled it pretty well. Heres to fewer bad days!
Hey that is some pretty good writing. Sometimes I'll take my wallet out when I get fast food and leave it on the front seat. I got all the way to my desk and realized that I didn't have my wallet. I panicked and then remembered that it was in the front seat. It was still there when I went to get it. Mom and I sure wish we were there to give you a hand. We could watch Luke while you took a nap and then when he started to scream we would come and wake you up!! It is starting to heat up here. I hear you have been having a lot of rain in Texas. It looks like it is to the North of San Antonio.
The problem with my bad days is that I always want to tell people about them to get sympathy. Luckily my days just START bad lately and get mostly better. Regardless, I vote in favor of the occasional blog post full of bad day frustrations: it's the perfect way to vent without yelling at anyone in particular, and with enough readers, you get plenty of sympathy! Here's some sympathy from me!
Post a Comment