Friday, October 2, 2009

Alright ... has it been long enough?

I'm so, so, so not good at updating my blog. I just don't like doing it. I don't really know why. Not too much has gone on lately. My parents visited (scroll down ... lots of posts about it.) Harrison is going to nursery at church now. He seems to enjoy it, he just doens't enjoy being dropped off. His nursery teacher says that he cries for a minute or two and then is fine for the next two hours. When we pick him up though he cries at us again -- probably saying "how could you leave me?!!!" Luke is in a preschool now! He has school once a week. Two other moms from church and I are working together and rotate weeks that we teach. I think he really likes it. Although I'm sure he's better at the other kids houses than when he's at home and I'm the one teaching. Harrison doesn't like when we drop Luke off. He cries "Uuuuke....Uuuuuuke???", it's actually really cute. I like having that time to spend just with Harrison but now I need to find a time just to spend with Luke.

Luke has been enjoying TV shows more and more. His favorite right now is Mighty Machines. It's all real footage of big machines and trucks and things like that -- boy stuff! I like watching it sometimes too, it can be interesting.

Harrison is getting better at talking. He can pretty much say anything now (when he's in the mood). He likes to play "ready, set, go" and run across the kitchen and dining room. He also likes "swimming" in the bath tub. And he's still a mama's boy.

I have been reading the Work And The Glory series by Gerald Lund. I stared back in June and I just started reading book 8 today. There are 9 in the series. I should be finished in a few weeks. I'm also taking a sewing class through community education. This past tuesday was my first class. I'm an okay sewer but I want to get better. I want to be able to sew neat things for myself and my family.

Jason is almost finished with his training!!! Just a few more days next week and he'll be finished. Completely. Then he'll finally be ready to actually do his job. Way to go Jason!!


It's fall now. It changed almost overnight...I'm serious. It was warm and nice one day, then the next it was cool and WINDY. It is so windy here.

Earlier this week it was still warm. We went outback and shelled peanuts.
Luke loves doing this.


They also think it's fun to find the peanuts they dropped and eat'em up!
(Originally we brought the peanuts out to throw in the
yard for squirrels but...that didn't work out, obviously.)


Harrison likes to blow his nose into any tissue
or napkin he can find! I think this is totally cute.


Annnnnnd....This is what happens when Mommy leaves diaper cream lying around.
You would think I've learned my lesson since this has happened at least 4 times.

Oh and Luke seems to think that pulling the clothes out of his and Harrisons dressers and then throwing the clothes all over is a great pass-time. I am having a hard time figuring out how to punish him. Putting him in time out for it doesn't seem to work. He does this at nap time and at bed time. Any advice would be appreciated.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Don't you just love that little kids get a kick out of emptying everything!! I wonder if you took all the clothes out (put them in some bins of boxes), he would get tired of looking in the empty drawers after a few days. Then you could put them back in and see if he even remembers he liked to do that. (not sure if that made any sense?). Or you could try getting some kind of locks? They have those ones for the refrigerator - those might work. Or maybe just duct tape or something for a while? The novelty and excitement about it has to wear off eventually, right?!

Unknown said...

Gabriel went through a phase of emptying his dressers at naptime. We unscrewed his lightbulb so he couldn't turn on the light at bedtime. No advice, just hope he grows out of it! it lasted a few months with Gabriel.

Linz said...

It looks like you live in a beautiful neighborhood and have seen some awesome sights!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you're back! I was wondering when you would blog again. I love the picture of Harrison with the tissue. Kylee is in that stage too and runs to grab one every time she sneezes. Sorry...no advice about the dresser. I have my own little troublemaker that I'm trying to come up with creative solutions to deal with also!

Melanie Allen said...

I did a pre-school thing this summer with some other moms and loved it! They're all too busy now so I'm having to do a little thing with just Brian and I but it should be good too. Dresser advice... Maybe try having him help you fold and put them all away. It would take forever but maybe he wouldn't want to do it again if he knew he had to put them all back? We had to do this with the books on Brian's shelf. he was always pulling them ALL off so I finally made him start putting them ALL back. He hasn't pulled them all off for quite a while now. Good luck!

Karen and Joe said...

Wow, you have a lot in that blog, you need to blog more girlie!! haha Congrats on having Harrison in nursery, Luke in preschool, and jason almost done with training. Great job with reading the books so fast, and sewing class, so impressed! And yes, you think we would learn our lesson about the stinkin diaper cream eh!! The same thing happens here!!

Gma. Devon said...

I cannot BELIEVE how tall Luke looks in that first picture! It nearly made me CRY! Whay are you letting them grow so fast??? (I know, I know--so you save cleaning up diaper cream, and putting away clothes. If it were me, and legal, I'd just take away all their clothes for about three months and let them go naked. But they'd just enjoy that. Oh, well!
Love the one of Harrison blowing his nose! and hurray for you AND Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!