Dear friends,
I really appreciate your comments on my last post, "where's the joy?". Your notes were very uplifting. I feel very loved by all of you. I think that's part of what I needed. I am so lucky to have friends and family like you who can help me see past my own nose and realize everyone else has problems just like me and I should move on. I felt much better after venting. I'll probably vent again in the future when I have another bad day. Hopefully it's not too soon.
I went visiting teaching today and my VTing companion said she learned in a Relief Society lesson at church that Satan wants us to feel overwhelmed. I have never thought of that. He DOES want me to feel overwhelmed by everything that always needs to be done. There will always be laundry, dishes, toilets and tubs that need cleaning. Housework will never be done, someone will most likely be crying or upset about something, and I'll always want to do my own thing. I feel like I just need to remember that each day is just that...a day. Just because I didn't get the dishes done or the boys laundry folded isn't a cause to make me grumpy! I need to focus on being reasonable about what I can get done each day. I need to remember that my boys are still, basically, babies; They really do need a lot of my attention and help so they can learn and grow. I also need to remember to take care of myself and that if I am not doing that, then I can't take very good care of my family.
I am going to try and make more of an effort to make friends. The people in my ward are very nice but, honestly, I think it's hard to get together when we have kids because every family's schedule is different. It's getting warmer and playing at parks is always fun, so park playdates can be planned. I've started going to our wards aerobic classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I was invited to go out to dinner with some sisters from the ward last week but Jason had a work thing to be at so I couldn't go. Maybe next time though.
Thanks again everyone. I treasure our friendships!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am so glad you have found "the joy!" It is wonderful, it changes your life! Motherhood is a sacrifice, there are bad days, but it sooooo worth it! You are a great mom!
Glad things are looking up and you have some good support. Good luck on making more friendships locally.
Hey Bethany, so glad to hear you are feeling better. I appreciate your post, its a good reminder to all of us, to keep looking for the joy in life and not let Satan get the best of us and spin that web! you are awesome! DOn't forget that! Keep taking care of you and those cute boys, Enjoy the JOY!! :)
Post a Comment