Jason was deployed overseas for 3 1/2 months. He left just before Christmas and came home almost two weeks ago. It was challenging being a 'single' parent. I had/learned to rely on my Heavenly Father, family and friends for support. And at times I didn't rely on anyone and I really struggled. I am in awe of the women who have to be 'single' mothers longer than I and having their husbands away for longer than I did. I did not blog about Jason being away because this is a public blog and in reality anyone could be looking it; I didn't want to advertise that I was alone. I am so thankful that he is home with us again. He will be deployed again (and again) and as before I may not blog about it until after the fact, if I blog about it at all. However, this being his first deployment I want to celebrate his homecoming and let everyone know how proud I am of my husband. He works so hard. I am grateful for the support he gives to our country and to our family. I know he did not enjoy being away from us for so long. Thankfully we could communicate easily through e-mail and Skype. The boys and I were able to talk to him on a fairly regular basis, they loved their video chats with Daddy. I was worried that Harrison would be a little afraid of Jason but I think because we got to see his face on video he was able to remember Daddy better. Jason has a little bit more time off before starting work again. It has been so wonderful to spend every day together as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow! Glad he's home, what a grea homecoming picture! and wow girl! you've been on your own for that long with 2 little ones and one in the oven and you are alive to tell about it!?!? you are awesome!! Give yourself a huge pat on the back!!
That is why i changed my blog to private (not that it keeps out everything) but it's way better then being public, in that aspect. BUT I'm not saying you should change it- anyway- good luck with, making it though-I think the first one is the hardest. The first time Will was gone for 3 months, I thought I would die, then it made 6 months more do able. I always think the same thing as you, it makes me in awww of those women that do it longer- or for life, for me is was incredibly hard but very eye opening, and in some ways a good thing because it helped me to grow. GOOD LUCK! and I'm happy you are together agin!
OH HAPPY DAY!!!! I've got to hand it to you for doing that!!!!!
Good Job on the last 3 1/2 months! I am so glad he's home and you're all together again.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoo for both of you!!!!!!!!
That photo of Jason and the boys makes me cry!
I am so glad he is home, Bethany. I agree with JoAnn. The first time is definitely the hardest, although it's NEVER fun to have him gone. I hope things are going well with adjusting to him being home and that baby is cooking well. Also, I'm sorry about the sciatic nerve. I feel for you. Not fun at all. I hope you get some relief. My dr. was going to send me to physical therapy. Something to check on maybe.
Yay!
That is just the sweetest picture. I think you ought to have it framed!!!!
Post a Comment