Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Years Ago Today

Where were you six years ago today? What were you doing when you heard about the planes colliding with the Twin Towers and the other plane going down in Pennsylvania?

I was a senior in high school. I was getting ready for seminary (we had early morning seminary before school) and I was listening to the radio and going about my business as usual. I remember the DJ saying that a plane had flown into something, I didn't catch what or where, and I thought "oh man....that stinks" or something like that. I wasn't really paying attention. I sat down in my seminary class and the others were talking about the attack. I thought "Oh my gosh, that must have been what they were talking about on the radio!" Still I didn't have a grasp on what exactly happened. At school all of my teachers had the TV turned to the news so we could see what was going on. I think thats all we did that day in each class, watch the news. We all wanted to know why it happened. I got home and turned the news on. My Dad and I watched the news that evening and we wondered what my Mom was going to do! She was with her best friend in England and they were supposed to return a few days later. We were worried that she wouldn't be able to get home or worse ... she would start to come home but not make it all the way. Thankfully she did!

It's hard to believe that six years have already gone by. I'm sad for those families that lost loved ones on the attack. I am thankful for the men and women protecting our country and other countries. I am very thankful that families are eternal.

1 comment:

Karen and Joe said...

Bethany,

It's been awhile but I've caught up with your blog and wow.... your pregnant!! Congratulations! When are you due? how far apart will they be? Write me when you get a chance so we can catch up!
Miss ya!