Thursday, September 6, 2007

Just Sleep .... pleeeeease!

I don't know what Luke's problem is but all week I've had the hardest time trying to get him to go to sleep. It's been exhausting! He used to go to sleep so easily. I think it started on Sunday when he was only able to take one nap because we were at church during the time he'd take his first nap. He'll just cry and cry and he has learned how to kneel next to his crib railing and now chews on it, which it cute but not when I want him to sleep. Jason and I thought maybe he was becoming afraid of the dark but he'd cry the same when it was light in his room. I sure hope I can get Luke back on some sort of schedule.

Luke is really ALMOST crawling now. He'll start in a sitting position, lean forward to get something and when he tries to crawl for it he'll crawl with one leg and the other is still stuck underneath him. It's really funny. Twice I think he's used both legs to crawl but he didn't go far.

He's also starting to pull himself up on the couch! He hasn't gotten himself all the way up. He's always on his knees when he tries to get up. I don't think he knows he can get on his feet yet. My Grandma said to try putting him in his play-pen and he'd try to pull himself up. I tried it. Luke hated being stuck in there. He's always had the front room to roam around and he didn't like being confined to 6 sg. feet of space. Although, he did think it was funny when I would rub a toy on the netting of the play-pen. He would laugh and laugh.

Jason is busy, busy. He's started a new section of his Nav. training, which I think I mentioned before. He's learning about flying internationally and this week he's also been learning about air refueling!

As for me ... I got all of our clean laundry folded today! I also went to my eye check-up. Luke came with me and thankfully he was well behaved. At my last doctors appointment he screamed the whole time. We'll see how he does at my pregnancy check-up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy, do I know the frusteration of kids not sleeping! It is normal and it WILL go away. I know how exhausting it is, but hang in there. He is probably teething or growing or just having seperation issues. I remember there was a time that Phoebe just refused to sleep and was miserable. It was near a week and we were all worn out, so I just gave her some motrin to help her relax and it worked! She soon got back to sleeping normal. I think she just had to be reminded, SLEEP IS GOOD. Call soon. I'd love to talk to you. Hope you doc appt goes well.