Okay, well so much for posting something every few days! It's been almost 4 weeks. Sorry!
Luke has graduated into size two diapers!! We decided to go up a size when he kept having blow-outs! Eeew, by the way! He would have a blow-out once or twice a day. Maybe a big one, maybe a small one. Either way, some usually got on his clothes. He's had one blow-out with the size 2's. Yesterday. I was shocked!! The Dr. said that around 2-3 months babies may not poop as much -- if they are almost 100% breast fed, which Luke is -- because everything from the breast milk is usable in their body. Luke is growing fine, so I know he's absorbing all the nutrients he needs....he must be getting extra! Hey...maybe the middle of the night feeds will stop. I hope! He is sleeping a good amount at night. 7-8 hours straight. However he goes to bed between 6pm and 8pm. I don't go to bed until 11pm. So, it's doesn't feel like 8 hours to me. There's no way I could do to bed when he does. I guess I could try but I have a hard time going to sleep at 10pm! Thankfully he goes right back to sleep after his mid-night feeding. He usually wakes up for the morning between 6am and 8am.
Jason has started IFS (Initial Flight Screening). Everyone that is going to Pilot or Navigator training must attend IFS. In IFS they have 5 hours of ground school and fly in a small training plane for 25 hours (not all at once). It's to weed out anyone who, for whatever reason, can't handle flying. Jason will not have a problem. He LOVES to fly. We thought he was going to go to Colorado to do IFS but his name was never put in the list to attend. So, they told him to do IFS here at a local airport. He's at a small airport, not the huge Salt Lake City airport! When he's done with IFS (at the end of this March) he'll have almost enough flying hours to get his private pilots license! We're saving money so he can pay for the final lessons. If all goes as we hope he will have his license before we move in April. He is SO SO SO excited. He said that once he has his license ... and we have enough money to rent a small plane for a few hours ... He'll take me flying.
Luke is getting bigger and bigger!! Yes, I know he is supposed to do that! Last week...I think it was last week -- my brain is swiss cheese. I don't remember much anymore -- he started wearing 3-6 month size clothes! Now he's got "real" clothes to wear. By "real" I mean separate shirts and pants!! He's not always wearing onesie type outfits! He is smiling A LOT now. He is "talking" a lot too. He'll just keep going and going if we talk back. It is soooooo cute!! What I think is funny is when I put him on the changing table he starts smiling and talking. I'm glad he likes getting his diaper changed rather than screaming when it's changed! He isn't playing with many toys yet. He likes to look at them though. He likes sucking on his fist. Either he hasn't realized that he can separate his fingers or he just really wants to put his fist into his mouth! He also grabs onto things like my shirt or his burp cloth or blankets. It seems his fingernails grow unhumanly fast! I trimmed them just a few days ago and he's already scratching me again! Good grief. His toenails have barely grown since he was born.
I'm leaving for California tomorrow! Yippy. I was planning to visit my parents while Jason was in Colorado for IFS. I was going to stay there for 4 weeks. Since Jason is staying home to do IFS, I'm only going to visit my parents for two weeks. When we found out that Jason was going to stay here I asked him "How long should I stay at my parents house?" He said "As long as you want" Then I said "Okay, see you in San Antonio!!!" (we move in about 6 weeks) ha ha ha ha.
We're really looking forward to living in San Antonio. We have heard So Many good things about it. We're looking for a house to rent that is close to base. We're tried of apartments. We had thought about buying but Jasons training there only lasts 6 or 7 months so we won't be there very long.
I'll try to keep up with news and info better than I have!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Beside the Oyangurens moving to San Antonio, you will also have the Lewises!!!! Geoff and Wendy and three kiddoes will be there too, but at Lackland, not McConnell AFB. I'm not sure how soon they'll be there.
Bethany got here with Luke. Devon and I picked her up at the airport and we went to Devon's work and then to Gma and Gpa Rehm. I have a CD that I need to give to them. It also has a video on it where Gma Rehm is making Luke laugh.
Post a Comment