Thursday, December 6, 2007
One year old = shots
Luke had his 1 year check up yesterday and that meant more shots. He started crying as soon as we layed him on the table to be weighed and measured. He weighs 21 pounds and is 29 inches long. Jason was there with us and helped hold Luke down so the Dr. could check him over and also held him down while he received shots and had his blood drawn. I felt so bad for Luke and wished that there was something I could have done to help him not be so scared. Luke received 4 shots and the nurse gave them all really fast. Two in one leg and two in the other. Then we had to wait 15 minutes and he had his blood drawn. I don't know why they needed his blood. Jason held Luke on his lap while I held Lukes arm out over the little table so the Dr. could get blood. I was SO mad at the Dr. because he put the needle in Lukes arm and then wiggled it around all over the place trying to find the vein. Ahh! He couldn't get the vein so he got another Dr. and they tried the other arm. He wiggled the needle around again and thankfully got it in the vein quickly. Luke screamed the whole time (I don't blame him!) and was looking at the Dr.'s with such a sad look on his face like he was thinking "You guys are so mean. This hurts. Why are you doing this?" After they got enough blood I held Luke. I didn't want to let go even when I had to put him in his car seat. But I did and when we got home he took a nice long nap. Poor baby. He took two three hour naps today. And (Hooray!) I got to take a 3 hour nap also!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hooray for a boy who takes three-hour naps!!!!!!! (Papa Ron is good at that!) Luke is getting so grown-up looking! What a cutie! Can't wait to see him ride that wild pony! Love, Mums & Dadster
Post a Comment